Almost Over


Dear Friends,

Our guests are finally here! After three days of driving they finally came to stay for a total ten days, though I only get to be with them for one :(! All of the boys were in a great flutter to get to them first, piling on one after another to squeeze them. After our dinner of taco salad (poor Papa Shammah, he's had taco salad at the last three houses for dinner! Eek :P) they all got settled and went to bed early. I, due to lack of space and the fact I'm only going to be here for one more day, moved out to the couch. Bleh. I did get a pleasant surprise (in blessed ignorance) when I found out the couch was a pull-out and I actually got the queen size bed! Not the slumber party I had planned...my back is paying for that 'blessed ignorance' now! I think tonight I'll sleep straight on the couch.

I can't believe I've already been here for two weeks! And then...I can. It seems like I was just beginning to get in the swing of things, to really get close to David and Ari, and now it's time to go home. On the other side I miss everyone so much. I don't think I'll ever take having people my age around for granted...EVER AGAIN! I've never actually been homesick before,ever, until now. I guess it's because I've never been this far from home! Don't ask me what I'm going to do in Africa...



AFRICA! I finally have the set dates to announce for when I will be in Africa...drum roll please...a little more suspense so you'll actually miss me...and more ellipsis just to be annoying... The dates are June 15th - July 20th! I am incredibly thrilled and blessed to be going on a trip like this (though I have to admit, after all the begging and bribing I did to get six weeks vs four, I am a little jealous!). I don't think it was until the dates were set that I realized just how scared I am. I would never, ever, EVER think of backing out but I can't help but come up with the worse case scenarios. I mean, look at what I did my first day in California! Think of all the things I could do in a completely different country! Eek. I could definitely use all of your prayers.

For some time now I have been begging all greater powers that be to let my layover during our flight be in Paris, France. I mean, Noah Pavao got his layover in Paris AND ON HIS BIRTHDAY! He's not the one who's been studying French for THREE YEARS. Hmph. SoOoOoO, I was almost positive I would get the same, but, alas, our layover will be in Istanbul, Turkey! Wow! That's...awesome, on so many levels (except the one I put France on..one day...one day)!



Tomorrow I leave at the crack of dawn, 4:30 AM, though David so pleasantly reminded me that 4:3o is before the crack of dawn. Thanks David. I'll have him know that he's the one paying for my early departure, since he's driving. Oh, sure I'm a morning person (from hours 10 AM on and only if I had decent sleep the night before). Muahahaha. I have a total of eight hours flight time, with a two hour layover in San Antonio, then a three hour drive home from Nashville so I should be back at around 8 PM. Can't wait to be home!!! Love you all so much, though that almost matches how much I am going to miss all my favorite little boys. :'(

All my love,

Chloe

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments